September Schedule Is Up
Greater Kingston Jr Gaels Hockey is officially back. We received the OMHA approval for our interim skills, drills and internal scrimmage program on September 7th. The Board has worked very hard to pull everything together to allow our members to start the season as soon as possible. There were countless items to work through to reach this point and it was new territory for us all. Thank you to all parents for your feedback and patience over the last several weeks to reach this point.
Please carefully read the important message points about the next few weeks:
September Ice is $20.00 Pay As You Go
To make things easier we are asking families to pay $20 each time you arrive at your September GK ice session. Payments can given to your Coaching Staff. The September ice schedule for Invista Centre is on our GK Calendar. All GK ice will be on the Desjardins Pad at the Invista Centre. Ice is being contracted out on a monthly basis at this time by the City of Kingston. The October Ice will be posted on our GK calendar before the end of September.
$295 Monthly Registration Fee
The $295 monthly fees are to be applied starting October 1st. This will cover your hockey costs from October 1 to October 31. If you have not already sent in your $295 payment, please do so by etransfer to [email protected]greaterkingstonhockey.com. The request for the November payment will be posted when we know how OMHA seasonal plans are progressing through the Covid-19 stages.
The final process, dates, times and scheduling for dryland training is being worked out with our coaches. Please watch for news to come.
Invista Ice Check-in
It is very important to familiarize yourself with the Inivsta check-in process. The following points paraphrase what to expect upon arrival and during your visit. This does not constitute the exact process. Should you have any questions regarding the reopening guidelines and facility operations, please contact Bill Rogerson, Manager, Recreation Facilities at [email protected]
- Go the North entrance of the Invista Centre.
- Line up and please put the goalies first in line.
- All doors are locked and will open exactly 15 minutes prior to the scheduled ice time.
- Before entering read the posted Covid-19 Screening questions.
- Upon entering the building all parents and players must sign in. The City will keep all records for Covid-19 tracing.
- Players are now allowed to bring a hockey bag into the arena.
- Skating players are expected to be fully dressed. Goalies can carry in pads.
- Players must wear masks until their Helmet are on.
- Only 25 people are allowed on the ice including coaches.
- Only 1 parent/guardian per player allowed in.
- Parents if needed can help a player get ready, otherwise go immediately to the stands of the Desjardins pad.
- After practice, you have 15 minutes to be out of the building using the North entrance.
Your GK Jr Gaels Board