We are happy to share news about this season's Post Secondary Bursary
Scholarship Terms – Summary
● GKHA scholarship recognizes our organizations top student-athlete(s) who is/are moving on to post-secondary education (University, College or Registered Trades) in Canada. These candidates are successful academically, involved in their school and community, and demonstrate leadership qualities on and off the ice. The award is valued at $2000. The award is normally $1000, but it was not awarded last season.
● The GKHA Scholarship will be awarded annually.
● Candidates must meet the leadership requirements and provide proof of acceptance to a full time, in person post-secondary institution.
● Other criteria for the scholarship are:
● Has maintained a minimum 75% average in grade 12 year of high school
● A demonstrated ability to be a positive and contributing member of the team and the community.
● Demonstrated volunteerism within the Greater Kingston Hockey Association. Players will be required to earn 15 hours (from September to May) of volunteer time by assisting other coaches with younger players, assist during our GK Fall Bash or Taylor Hall Tournament, or other various ways.
● Skill level and progression based on individual, team, technical and tactical components.
● Dedication to improving individual performance and to achieving targets established by the coach
● Attending and participating in team scheduled activities.
● Abiding by team GKHA code of conduct, policies, and procedures.
● Ability to contribute to the overall goals of the team and the GKHA organization
● All nomination packages will be kept confidential
● Nominee must have played a minimum of 4 seasons within the GKHA organization
● A U18 GKHA member at the end of the 2023-2024 season
● Nomination form must be filled out online prior to June 24th, 2024.
Click on this link to get access to a printable form. Volunteer_Form
Click on this link to get access the Nomination form 2023-2024 GK Scholarship (Greater Kingston AAA Hockey) (greaterkingstonhockey.com)
All activities must be tracked using this form, and once completed, given to the team manager, who will then forward it to the board of directors